Tom Yum Goong Recipe
Impress your family with this easy take on the traditional Thai dish, made even heartier with Del Monte Tomato Sauce.
- 3 pc sibuyas Tagalog/shallots, peeled
- 1 Tbsp garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup lemongrass, chopped
- 2 Tbsp yellow ginger, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro stem, chopped 2 Tbsp patis
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp sinigang mix
- 1 pouchDEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 200 g cream dory fillet, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 200 g mussels (tahong)
- 200 g shrimp, peeled, deveined, tail on 1 1/4 cup button mushroom, canned (400g)
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, for garnishing
FOR THE TOM YUM PASTE
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
Cooking Skills Needed
1. In a blender, mix all ingredients for the tom yum paste until it turns into a thick purée or mash.
2. Sauté tom yum paste over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add water, sinigang mix, and DEL MONTE Tomato Sauce. Bring to boil then simmer for 10 minutes over low heat.
3. Add tahong, dory fillet, shrimp, and mushrooms. Let it boil for 5 minutes .
4. Top with cilantro before serving.minutes .