Red Kansi Recipe
This Illonggo dish is now heartier and more flavorful.
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup onion, sliced
- 4 Tbsp ginger, cut into strips
- 3/4 kg beef, shank/kenchi, cut up
- 3 1/4 cup water
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp peppercorn, black
- 1 pc siling haba
- 300 g langka, unripe, cut into chunks
- 300 g langka, ripe, cut into chunks
- 2 stalks tanglad
- 1 Tbsp sinigang mix
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon
Cooking Skills Needed
1. Sauté onion and ginger. Add beef, sauté for a few minutes. Add water, DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce, salt and peppercorns. Cover and simmer until beef is tender.
2. Add sili and langka. Simmer until tender.
3. Add tanglad and sinigang mix. Simmer for 3 minutes.