Shrimp Ceviche Recipe
Try this recipe for a fresh appetizer or side dish.
- 4 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 500 g shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup DEL MONTE Red Cane Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp siling labuyo, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled, diced
- 1/2 cup tomato, seeded, diced
- 1/2 cup avocado, diced
- 1 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup oil
- - salt, to taste
- - pepper, to taste
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon
Cooking Skills Needed
1. Combine water and salt in a saucepan, bring to a boil. Add shrimp and simmer for 1 minute or until it changes color. Drain then place in a bowl with ice water. Drain and set aside.
2. Mix all of the ingredients for the marinade.
3. Add the shrimps and remaining ingredients. Let it sit for 30 minutes.
4. Serve chilled.
Lusog NotesThis dish is rich in vitamin A, which helps maintain healthy skin and normal vision. It is also a source of protein that plays a role in the regulation of enzymes and hormones.
Chef's TipTo keep the shrimps juicy, do not overcook. Once they turn orange, immediately transfer to an ice bath to stop the cooking.
You also might be interested in
Longganisa at Kesong Puti Pasta Recipe
Add a local flavor to your pasta with this delightful recipe.
Pork Clam Oriental Recipe
Seafood and pork are perfectly combined in this satisfying dish!
Pork meets seafood in this classic Pinoy dish!