Pork Clam Oriental Recipe
Seafood and pork are perfectly combined in this satisfying dish!
Categories Main Dish, Pork, Seafood, Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time15 min.
Cooking Time1 hr. and 5 mins.
Number of Servings 6
- 400 g pork, pigue
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper, black
- 1 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 3 1/4 Tbsp green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 pcs siling haba, sliced diagonally
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup onion, sliced
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 1 1/3 cups clam stock
- 1/4 tsp pepper, black
- 2 1/2 pcs tokwa, fried and cut into cubes
- 400 g clams (halaan), soaked, boiled and shelled, reserve broth
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon
- Wooden Spatula
Cooking Skills Needed
1. Marinate pork in salt, pepper, soy sauce, green onions, and sili for 30 minutes.
2. Sauté garlic, onion, and pork. Add DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce, clam broth, salt, and pepper to taste. Simmer for 25 minutes or until pork is tender.
3. Add tokwa and clams. Allow to simmer. Serve as rice topping.
Lusog NotesThis iron-rich recipe fuels the body's healthy circulation. It also contains fiber that can help maintain healthy weight.
Chef's TipAfter cooking the clams in water, discard any shells that do not open as these are dead shellfish that might cause illness.
You also might be interested in
Pork Humba with Pine Recipe
Try this Pork Humba recipe made more delicious with Del Monte Pineapple!
Pork Carbonada Recipe
Serve up a sauce-special pork stew the family will enjoy!