Pinya-Tasty Pork Humba Recipe
Try this Pork Humba recipe made more delicious with Del Monte Pineapple!
Categories Main Dish, Pork, Del Monte Pineapple, Del Monte Tomato Sauce, Pinoy Dishes
Preparation Time10 min.
Cooking Time1 hr. and 23 mins.
Number of Servings 8
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp sugar, brown
- 1 kg pork, kasim, cut into chunks
- 2 Tbsp black beans (tausi), drained
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup DEL MONTE Red Cane Vinegar
- 2 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 pc bay leaf/laurel leaf
- 1/2 tsp peppercorn
- 3 pcs star anise
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (115g)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 pouches DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits (200g), drained, reserve syrup
Cooking Tools Needed
- Wooden Spatula
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon
Cooking Skills Needed
- In a casserole, cook sugar and pork in oil until sugar has caramelized. Add tausi and garlic and cook for few more minutes or until meat is slightly brown.
- Add DEL MONTE Red Cane Vinegar, soy sauce, laurel, peppercorn, star anise, and DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce. Do not stir until it simmers.
- Add water, reserved pineapple syrup, and salt. Cover and simmer for 1 hour or until meat is tender. Add DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits. Simmer for 2 minutes.