Asado Pot Roast Recipe
A one-pot recipe that is the perfect melting pot of our Spanish and Chinese culinary influences.
- 800 g pork, liempo
- 3/4 cup onion, red, sliced
- 1 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 3 Tbsp sugar, brown
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 pc star anise
- 1 tsp peppercorn, crushed
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 3/4 cup water
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
Cooking Skills Needed
1. Mix all ingredients for marinade in a bowl. Marinate pork for 30 minutes.
2. Drain pork from marinade and scrape off excess liquid from the meat.
3. Brown the meat on all sides, skin side down first.
4. When all the sides are browned, add water to the pot, together with the marinade and simmer for 1 hour and 40 minutes or until tender.
Lusog NotesThis dish is high in vitamin B1 that helps release energy from food. It also contains niacin that promotes normal digestion and healthy skin.
Chef's TipPork liempo is the best cut for this dish as it has enough fat to keep it moist during slow cooking. To achieve a nice shape and promote even cooking of the pork, you may opt to tie every two inches of the pork with string to form a log.
You also might be interested in
Baked Sausage and Chicken Pasta Recipe
Make your regular baked macaroni extra-special with this recipe.
Chicken Cacciatore Pasta Recipe
Flavors of Italy in one heartwarming chicken pasta dish.
Meatless Meatball Spaghetti Recipe
Enjoy the taste of meatballs without the meat!