Meatless Meatball Spaghetti Recipe
Enjoy the taste of meatballs without the meat!
- 1 can red kidney beans (432g), drained, rinsed, and roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp onion, white, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 pc egg white
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper, black
- 2 cup oil, for deep-frying
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup onion, red, chopped
- 2 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Italian Style Spaghetti Sauce (1kg)
- 2 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper, black
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- 1 tsp basil, dried
- 1 pack DEL MONTE Spaghetti (900g), cooked
- 1/4 cup cheese, grated
Cooking Tools Needed
Cooking Skills Needed
1. Combine red kidney beans, white onion, garlic, carrot, celery, egg white, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Form every 1 teaspoon of the mixture into balls. The mixture should be enough to make around 25 pieces. Deep-fry until golden brown.
2. To make the sauce, sauté onion in a pan until translucent then add the garlic and carrots. Pour DEL MONTE Italian Style Spaghetti Sauce and water. Simmer until carrot is tender. Season with salt, pepper, dried oregano, and dried basil. Simmer for 1 minute.
3. Toss DEL MONTE Spaghetti, bean balls, and sauce. Top with cheese.
Lusog NotesThis Meatless Meatballs Spaghetti pasta recipe is high in protein which is essential for growth and development. It is also high in vitamin A that helps prevent infections by keeping the immune system healthy.
Chef's TipEgg whites are made of protein called albumin. This provided structure to the meatballs and helps bind the beans and vegetables without adding additional fat from the egg yolks.
You also might be interested in
Learn how to prepare this traditional Spanish stew the Del Monte way!
Hotdog Potato Fritatta Recipe
A kid-friendly recipe perfect for breakfast or snacks!