Tuna Cups Recipe
Get a bite-sized taste of the sea with this appetizer.
Categories Appetizer, Seafood, Del Monte Spaghetti Sauce
Preparation Time10 min.
Cooking Time28 mins.
Number of Servings 12
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup onion, white, chopped
- 1 cup button mushroom, canned, sliced
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Sweet Style Spaghetti Sauce (250g)
- 1 can tuna chunks in oil (184g), drained
- 24 slice bread, white loaf, edges removed
- 3 3/4 Tbsp margarine, softened
- 1 cup cheese, grated
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
Cooking Skills Needed
1. Sauté garlic, onion, and mushrooms. Add DEL MONTE Sweet Style Spaghetti Sauce and tuna. Simmer for 3 minutes. Set aside.
2. Spread each bread with margarine. Fit into muffin pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 5 minutes. Fill each bread "cup" with 1-2 tablespoons of sautéed mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for another 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
Lusog NotesThis recipe is a source of iron and vitamin B1. Iron is needed for the formation of red blood cells that carry oxygen to all parts of the body. Vitamin B1 helps the body convert food to energy.
Chef's TipRecreate this recipe without an oven by using a toaster oven or turbo broiler. If the bread browns too quickly, cover the pan with a sheet of aluminum foil then fold the sides into the sides of the pan to secure.
You also might be interested in
Bicol Express Special Recipe
A regional classic with a flavorful twist!
Pork Burger A La Teriyaki Recipe
Tasty Japanese-style American burger patties.