Bicol Express Special Recipe
A regional classic with a flavorful twist!
Categories Category/kitchenomics/Recipes,Category/kitchenomics/Recipes/Main Dish,Category/kitchenomics/Recipes/Pork
Preparation Time10 min.
Cooking Time1 hr. and 7 mins.
Number of Servings 7
- 250 g pork, pigue, whole
- 3 cup water
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (115g)
- 2 pack DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Gata Mix (40g), dissolved in 2 cups water
- 3 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup onion, red, sliced
- 2 Tbsp ginger, cut into strips
- 1 cup bagoong alamang, washed and drained
- 1 1/2 cup siling haba, sliced diagonally or crosswise (rings)
- 1 can DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits (227g), drained, reserve syrup
Cooking Tools Needed
- Boil pork pigue in water then turn down to simmer, cook until tender. Drain then cut into cubes. Set aside.
- Combine together DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce, DEL MONTE Quick n Easy Gata Mixture, garlic, onion, and ginger in a pan. Bring to a boil, then turn down to simmer.
- Add bagoong alamang, pineapple syrup, and sili. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir once in a while.
- Add DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits. Cook for another 5 minutes.