Thai Pineapple Cucumber Salad Recipe
Now you can recreate this Thai appetizer at home.
- 2 Tbsp sugar, white
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1/3 cup reserved pineapple syrup
- 1/2 Tbsp patis
- 1/8 tsp siling labuyo
- 2 Tbsp cilantro
- 1/4 cup DEL MONTE Red Cane Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cup cucumber
- 1 can DEL MONTE Sliced Pineapple (432g), drained, quartered, and reserve 1/3 cup syrup
- 2 Tbsp onion, red, sliced
- 2 Tbsp peanuts, roasted
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon
Cooking Skills Needed
1. To make the dressing, mix all ingredients together. Set side.
2. Slice the cucumber into half lengthwise then slice each half to make thin half-moon slices.
3. In a bowl, mix the cucumber, DEL MONTE Sliced Pineapple, onions, peanuts, and the dressing. Chill for 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
Lusog NotesDid you know that pineapple contains vitamin B2 and manganese? Vitamin B2 may help in energy production and stamina while manganese may help in the formation of connective tissues and bones.
Chef's TipThis dish is best served as an appetizer or as a side dish to grilled fish or even spicy curries. The pineapple and cucumber mellow the heat of the chili and curry.
You also might be interested in
Caldereta Arroz Valenciana Recipe
Make meals extra special with this one-pot dish!
Adobo Pasta Recipe
Enjoy the classic flavors of Adobo with spaghetti!
Grilled BBQ Chicken and Pineapple Rice Burrito Recipe
Here’s a roadtrip ready snack from Chef JP Anglo