Caldereta Arroz Valenciana Recipe
Make meals extra special with this one-pot dish!
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 2 tsp garlic, pounded
- 1/2 cup onion, red, chopped
- 500 g chicken, thigh fillet, cut into 2
- 2 pc chicken bouillon cube
- 1 liter water
- 2 cup rice, malagkit
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (250g)
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup green peas, frozen
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, red, cut diagonally into squares
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
Cooking Skills Needed
1. In a pot, sauté garlic until fragrant. Add red onion and continue sautéing until translucent.
2. Add chicken and sauté until brown.
3. Add in chicken bouillon cubes, water, rice, DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce and soy sauce. Cover and let boil then turn down to simmer, stirring occasionally. Let cook over low fire.
4. Add the green peas and bell pepper when nearly done. Cover and steam. Serve hot.
Lusog NotesThis delicious Caldereta Arroz Valenciana dish is high in vitamin A which keeps the skin and eyes healthy. It is also a source of protein that helps repair body tissues.
Chef's TipIt is best to use a non-stick pan for this recipe to avoid the rice from burning the bottom then leaving the rice on top still raw. For a rice cooker version, follow the procedure until step 3, then transfer into a rice cooker and allow to cook. Add the peas and bell pepper then steam for another 5 minutes.
You also might be interested in
Del Monte Garlic Longganisa Patties Recipe
Enjoy a twist to a Pinoy breakfast favorite.