QNE Sweet and Sour Pork Recipe
A favorite at mealtime, make sure you have a lot of steamed white rice on hand to go with this dish.
Categories Main Dish, Pork, Del Monte Quick 'n Easy
Preparation Time10 min.
Cooking Time15 mins.
Number of Servings 4
- 1/4 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 400 g pork, lomo/tenderloin, sliced into 1 x 1-inch cubes
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1/3 cup onion, red, quartered
- 1/3 cup bell pepper, green, cut into 1-inch diamonds
- 1/3 cup bell pepper, red, cut into 1-inch diamonds
- 1 pack DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Sweet and Sour Mix (57g), dissolved in 1/2 cup water
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon
Cooking Skills Needed
- Mix the flour, cornstarch, and water. Add the pork. Drop the pork into the hot oil, piece by piece. Fry until golden brown. Set aside.
- Heat the oil, add the onion, bell peppers and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the dissolved DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Sweet & Sour Mix. Cook until the sauce is thick. Add the cooked pork.
Lusog NotesThis Quick 'n Easy Sweet and Sour Pork dish is rich in vitamin B1 which helps convert food into energy, as well as in the normal functioning of nerves and muscles. It is also a source of vitamin A that promotes good vision and healthy skin.
Chef's TipCornstarch in the batter produces a thin crispy coating to the pork as compared to using just flour.
You also might be interested in
Cheesy Chicken Afritada Recipe
Give this saucy Pinoy favorite a yummy cheesy twist!
Serve these rolls as an afternoon snack for your kids or finger food for your next party.
Daing Con Kangkong Recipe
A spicy, creamy and healthy dish packed with flavor.