Cheesy Chicken Afritada Recipe
Give this saucy Pinoy favorite a yummy cheesy twist!
Categories Main Dish, Chicken, Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time10 min.
Cooking Time35 mins.
Number of Servings 5
- 1 1/2 Tbsp oil
- 1/3 cup onion, red, chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic, chopped
- 400 g chicken thigh fillet, cut into strips
- 1 1/2 Tbsp patis
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup carrot, cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup potato, cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup cheese, processed, grated
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, cut into 1 x 1-inch cubes
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Sauté onion and garlic. Add chicken strips and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add patis and stir until it has evaporated then add DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce, water, carrots and potatoes. Bring to a boil, then simmer until carrots and potatoes are cooked.
- Add the cheese and bell peppers. Simmer for another 3 minutes.
Lusog NotesThis delicious Cheesy Chicken Afritada dish is a source of vitamin A that helps maintain eye health and promotes normal growth and development. It also contains niacin that helps break down carbohydrates, protein and fats in the body.
Chef's TipSlice the carrots and potatoes evenly to ensure even cooking.
You also might be interested in
No-Bake Queso De Bola Cheesecake Recipe
Delight your guests at your next gathering with this impressive dessert that's actually easy to make - and you don't even need an oven!
Easy Chicken Aloha Recipe
Liven up family meals with this recipe's sweet and tangy flavors.