Pineapple Eggplant Torta Recipe
Give a pina-level up twist to the classic torta.
- 4 pc eggplant
- 2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 pc egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp onion, red, sliced
- 2 Tbsp tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup pork, ground
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits (115g)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup oil, for frying
Cooking Tools Needed
- Wooden Spatula
1. Boil eggplants in water with 1 tablespoon reserved pineapple syrup and salt until cooked. Cut halfway lengthwise just to open the eggplant. Dip in beaten eggs. Set aside.
2. Sauté garlic, onion, tomatoes, and ground pork until pork is cooked. Add DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits, remaining pineapple syrup, salt, and pepper to taste. Cook until slightly dry. Remove from flame, and let it cool.
3. Drain eggplant from egg, then combine egg with meat mixture. Set aside .
4. Heat frying pan with oil over medium heat. Put eggplant into frying pan, then immediately fill each with meat mixture. To prevent the torta from breaking apart, cook one side until the egg mixture is set, then turn once to cook the other side.
Lusog NotesThis Pineapple Eggplant Torta vegetable dish is high in vitamin B1 that supports normal growth and helps the body convert food to energy. It also has protein which is important for growth and development.
Chef's TipIt is best to cook over medium heat so that the eggs have time to set before it starts browning.
You also might be interested in
Baked White Macaroni Recipe
It's pasta-stic! Whip up some delicious Baked White Macaroni today!
Beef With Two Kinds of Mushroom Recipe
Try this sauce-sarap combination of beef and mushroom!
Pineapple BBQ Chicken Sandwich Recipe
Savory BBQ chicken sandwich with a zing of pineapple.