Pineapple BBQ Chicken Sandwich Recipe
Savory BBQ chicken sandwich with a zing of pineapple.
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy BBQ Marinade (200ml)
- 750 g chicken, thigh fillet
- 1 can DEL MONTE Sliced Pineapple (432g), drained
- 2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can DEL MONTE Crushed Pineapple (227g)
- 3 cup cabbage, shredded
- 10 pc burger bun
Cooking Tools Needed
- Grill Pan
- Measuring Cups
Cooking Skills Needed
1. Divide the DEL MONTE Quick n Easy Barbecue Marinade in 2 equal portions. Marinate the chicken in half of the marinade, then marinate the DEL MONTE Sliced Pineapple in the other half. Allow to sit in the chiller for 30 minutes.
2. Grill the chicken until cooked through. Grill the pineapple quickly to have a smoky flavor. Set aside.
3. To make the pineapple coleslaw, mix the mayonnaise and the DEL MONTE Crushed Pineapple including the syrup, mix well. Set aside.
4. To make the sandwich, place two heaping tablespoons of pineapple coleslaw on the buns then place a piece of grilled chicken. Add a slice of pineapple. Top with the other half of the bun.
Lusog NotesThis recipe is rich in protein that helps build and repair body tissues. It is also a source of calcium, which is needed for bone health and helps in blood clotting.
Chef's TipTo avoid burning the chicken, drain the chicken from the marinade very well. Lightly scrape the surface to remove excess marinade. Grill until cooked through. Brush with marinade in the last 2 minutes of cooking.
Del Monte Pineapple Slices 227g
Del Monte Pineapple Crushed 227g
You also might be interested in
Baked Sausage and Chicken Pasta Recipe
Make your regular baked macaroni extra-special with this recipe.
Fruits For the Gods Recipe
The gods will surely love this heavenly treat, filled with yummy tropical fruit bits.