- 1 Kg pork, kasim, sliced into cubes
- reserved pineapple syrup
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup onion, red, chopped
- 2 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 4 Tbsp patis
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce (250g)
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp pepper, black
- 1 1/2 cup potato, sliced into chunks
- 1 1/2 cup carrot, sliced into chunks
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1 can DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks (227g), drained, reserve syrup
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, red, sliced into 3/4-inch squares
Cooking Tools Needed
- Can Opener
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
Cooking Skills Needed
- Marinate pork in reserved pineapple syrup for at least 30 minutes.
- Sauté onion and garlic until aromatic. Add the drained pork and sauté until lightly browned. Add patis and cook until almost dry.
- Add DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce, reserved marinade, water, and pepper. Bring to a boil then turn down to simmer. Cover the pot and simmer for 35 minutes or until the pork is tender.
- Add the potatoes and carrot and simmer for 5 minutes or until cooked. Add green peas, DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks, and red bell pepper, and simmer for 1 minute.
Del Monte Pineapple Chunks 227g
You also might be interested in
Cheesy Chicken Afritada Recipe
Give this saucy Pinoy favorite a yummy cheesy twist!
Chicken Cordon Bleu Afritada Recipe
Chicken Cordon Bleu prepared with a Filipino-Spanish twist.
Spareribs in Afritada Sauce Recipe
You've never had afritada like this. Best of all, you can cook this up in just 3 steps.