Chicken Cordon Bleu Afritada Recipe
Chicken Cordon Bleu prepared with a Filipino-Spanish twist.
- 500 g chicken, breast fillet, pounded until 1/3-inch thick
- 1 cup ham, cooked
- 1 cup melting cheese, 1/4 x 1/4 x 2-inch sticks
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 pc egg, beaten
- 2 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 cup oil, for deep-frying
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup onion, red, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp patis
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (250g)
- 1/2 cup carrot, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup potato, cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup bell pepper, red, cut into chunks
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
Cooking Skills Needed
- Deep Frying
- Place the ham and cheese on the chicken breast. Roll tightly and make sure edges are sealed properly with toothpicks.
- Dust the chicken with flour, dip in eggs, and cover with breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
- For the sauce: Sauté the onion and garlic in oil. Add the patis, water, and DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce; bring to a boil. Add the carrots and potatoes, simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add the bell pepper and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked chicken rolls and simmer for 5 minutes.
Lusog NotesThis nutritious dish is high in iron which is needed for normal metabolism. It also has vitamin A that helps resist infections and maintain healthy skin and niacin that supports the nervous system and digestive tract.
Chef's TipChicken should always be eaten fully cooked. Since the chicken cordon bleu rolls are thick, frying alone might not fully cook the chicken. Be sure to simmer the chicken in the sauce to cook the rolls through and at the same time allow the rolls to absorb the sauce.
You also might be interested in
Fruit Roll-Ups Recipe
Try these fruit roll-ups for your next snack. Keep some stored in the refrigerator for your next craving.