Kung Pao Chicken Recipe
Enjoy this Del Monte-style oriental-flavored chicken!
Categories Main Dish, Chicken, Del Monte Quick 'n Easy
Preparation Time10 min.
Cooking Time22 mins.
Number of Servings 6
- 300 g chicken, breast, cut into cubes
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup onion, sliced
- 1 tsp garlic, slice thinly
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy BBQ Marinade (200ml)
- 1/3 cup DEL MONTE Red Cane Vinegar
- 1/4 Tbsp cornstarch, dissolved in 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1/2 tsp siling labuyo, minced
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, red, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 stalk green onions, cut into 2-inch strips
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
Cooking Skills Needed
1. Coat the chicken in cornstarch.
2. In a pan, sauté chicken in oil for 5 minutes or until brown.
3. Add onions and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. Mix in the DEL MONTE BBQ Marinade and DEL MONTE Red Cane Vinegar. Bring to a boil then add cornstarch dissolved in water. Simmer for 3 minutes.
4. Add nuts, chili, and bell pepper. Sprinkle green onions. Serve.
Lusog NotesThis recipe provides protein needed for growth, development, and repair of body tissues, and niacin that helps break down carbohydrates, protein and fats in the body.
Chef's TipQuickly sauté the chicken over a hot pan so that it sears quickly. If the pan is not hot, the chicken will release its juices and will not brown properly.
You also might be interested in
Macaroni and Tuna Casserole Recipe
Here's a mouth-watering pasta dish you've got to try cooking now!
Summer Fruit Delight Recipe
It's a drink and dessert in one!
Pulled Pork Tacos with Fruit Slaw Recipe
Tacos made more special with this sweet & fruity recipe.