Halo-Halo Salad Recipe
Try this twist to a classic Pinoy dessert favorite.
- 2 pc banana, saba, ripe, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup monggo, red, cooked
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar, brown
- 1/2 cup sago, white, cooked
- 1 can DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail (836g), drained, reserve syrup
- 150 g melon, shredded
- 1/2 cup all-purpose cream, chilled
- 3 Tbsp condensed milk, sweetened
- 1/3 cup ube halaya, softened
- 1/2 cup leche flan, cubed
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Sauce Pot
Cooking Skills Needed
1. Cook saba and monggo beans in water, reserved fruit cocktail syrup, and brown sugar for 7 minutes or until saba is cooked. Add sago. Allow to simmer. Drain. Combine with DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail and melon.
2. Mix all purpose cream, condensed milk, and halaya. Combine with fruit cocktail mixture. Chill until ready to serve. Top with leche flan.
Lusog NotesThis recipe is a good source of vitamin C that helps fight common infection and aids in wound healing. Vitamin C also plays a vital role in enhancing the absorption of iron in the body.
Chef's TipTo easily incorporate the halaya into the cream, use a wire whisk to help dissolve the thick ube halaya.
Del Monte Fiesta Fruit Cocktail 836g