Grilled Chicken Al Diavolo Recipe
Spice up your appetite with this fiery chicken dish.
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes, crushed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp rosemary, dried
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Tomato Paste (70g)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1 kg chicken, whole, butterfly cut
- 1/2 cup water
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Grill Pan
Cooking Skills Needed
1. Combine all ingredients for the marinade.
2. Marinate chicken for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
3. Pan-grill the chicken, breast side down over high heat for 5 to 8 minutes. Flip the chicken, then turn down the heat to low. Cover the chicken with a metal bowl that is big enough to cover the chicken. Allow to cook for 20 to 30 minutes.
4. Simmer remaining marinade with water for 5 minutes. Pour over chicken or serve as sauce on the side.
Lusog NotesThis Grilled Chicken Al Diavolo dish is high in niacin which helps keep the digestive and nervous systems healthy. It is also a source of protein that helps build and repair body tissues.
Chef's TipCovering the chicken with a bowl over the grill creates an oven, the heat circulates inside the bowl and cooks the chicken. To check if the chicken is cooked, pierce the joint between the thigh and leg, if the juices run clear, the chicken is cooked.
You also might be interested in
Kung Pao Chicken Recipe
Enjoy this Del Monte-style oriental-flavored chicken!
Del Monte Paella Recipe
Learn how to make delicious paella, the Del Monte way!
Menudillo A La Cubana Recipe
A quick & easy twist to giniling for a great breakfast!