Del Monte Paella Recipe
Learn how to make delicious paella, the Del Monte way!
Categories Rice, Seafood, Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time20 min.
Cooking Time45 mins.
Number of Servings 5
- 3 pcs chicken, wings, each piece cut into 2
- 2 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/8 tsp pepper, black
- 500 g clams (halaan)
- 750 g mussels (tahong)
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup onion, sliced
- 2 pcs chorizo de bilbao, sliced
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (250g)
- - salt, to taste
- - pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup green peas, frozen, cooked
- 1/3 cup bell pepper, red, cut into strips
- 2 1/2 cups rice, cooked
- 3/4 cup rice, malagkit, cooked
- 1 pc egg, hard boiled and sliced
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Spoon
- Measuring Cups
Cooking Skills Needed
- Season chicken with soy sauce and pepper. Set aside. Boil halaan and tahong until shells are open. Remove tahong meat from shells. Reserve 1/3 cup broth.
- Sauté garlic, onion, chorizo, and chicken. Add the broth and DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and simmer over low heat until chicken is tender.
- Add tahong meat and halaan, green peas, bell pepper, rice, and malagkit rice. Cook for 3 minutes. Top with egg slices before serving.
Lusog NotesThis dish is high in iron needed for normal metabolism. It is also high in Vitamin A for eye health and niacin, which promotes normal digestion.
Chef's TipFor a more flavorful paella, allow the chorizo to realease its fat during sautéing. The chorizo fat contains a lot of flavor that will mix with the rice.
You also might be interested in
Pineapple Potato Salad Recipe
Add this delicious salad to your meals!