Ginataang Tilapia Recipe
Impress the family with this stuffed tilapia recipe.
- 4 pc tilapia, cleaned
- 1/3 cup onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp ginger, minced
- 2 pc siling haba, sliced
- 1 pouchDEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 2 pack DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Gata Mix (40g) 300 g pechay Tagalog, cut stalks from leaves
- 2/3 cup water
- salt, to taste
Cooking Tools Needed
- Wooden Spatula
1. Make a shallow cut on one side of the fish to make a pocket. Set aside.
2. Combine the onion, ginger, and siling haba with 2 tablespoons of DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce and 1 tablespoon of DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Gata Mix. Fill each fish with this mixture. Wrap in pechay leaves. Set aside.
3. Cover bottom of casserole with pechay stalks. Arrange wrapped fish on top.
4. Dissolve remaining DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Gata Mix with 2/3 cup water. Add to the fish together with DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce. Season with salt to taste. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until cooked.
Lusog NotesThis classic Ginataang Tilapia dish is high in calcium which helps in the formation and maintenance of strong bones and teeth. It is also high in vitamin C that helps in the efficient absorption of iron in the body.
Chef's TipTo keep the pechay from unraveling, secure the pechay with a piece of pandan that is tied around the fish. The pandan not only acts as a string to keep the pechay in place but also gives a mild flavor to the coconut sauce.
You also might be interested in
Korean BBQ Pork Ribs Recipe
Enjoy the sweet, savory taste of Korean barbecue in 3 easy steps.
Mussels and Chorizo in Herbed Tomato Sauce Recipe
An easy, gourmet fusion of flavors from Chef JP Anglo!
Baked Pineapple Chicken Fillet Recipe
Give chicken fillet a pina-level up twist with this recipe.