Fiesta Bell Peppers Recipe
It’s always a celebration with this special pica-pica.
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 300 g pork, ground
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 150 g singkamas
- 1 cup rice, cooked
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (115g)
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp pepper, black
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- 8 pc bell pepper, each piece cut into 2, seeds and membranes removed
- 1/4 tsp salt
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon
Cooking Skills Needed
Procedure1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Sauté garlic, onion, and pork. Add vegetables. Cook for 5 minutes. Add rice, DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce, salt, soy sauce and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes. Add half of cheese. Set aside.
3. Grease baking tray enough for bell peppers. Sprinkle bell peppers with salt. Bake for 12 minutes. Fill each bell pepper with 1/4 cup of sautéed mixture.
4. Bake for another 20 minutes. Top with cheese. Bake for another 10 minutes.
Lusog NotesThis recipe is high in vitamin A that helps maintain healthy skin and vitamin C which aids in wound healing and helps resist infections.
Chef's TipTo prepare the bell peppers, remove the white membrane on the inside. These will add a bitter taste to the dish.
You also might be interested in
Cream of Clam Soup Recipe
A hearty clam soup that's sure to be comforting on a rainy day.
No-Bake Queso De Bola Cheesecake Recipe
Delight your guests at your next gathering with this impressive dessert that's actually easy to make - and you don't even need an oven!
Cheesy Chicken Macaroni Recipe
Who can resist a chunky, cheesy macaroni?