Tortang Monggo Recipe
Here's a creative way to enjoy healthy monggo!
Categories Main Dish, Vegetable, Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time5 min.
Cooking Time50 mins.
Number of Servings 7
- 1/3 cup monggo, green
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup alamang, fresh or dulong
- 1 cup malunggay
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (115g)
- 1/2 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1/4 cup onion, red, chopped
- 3 pc egg, beaten
- 1 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper, black
- 1 cup oil, for frying
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Wooden Spatula
- Bring to boil then simmer monggo in water for 30 minutes or until monggo is cooked. Combine monggo with remaining ingredients, except oil. Mix thoroughly.
- Fry every 2 tablespoons of mixture in hot oil. Cook until golden brown. Serve with DEL MONTE Chili Sauce or DEL MONTE Red Cane Vinegar.
Lusog NotesThis Tortang Monggo dish is a unique spin on the Filipino favorite high in Vitamin A that helps boost the family's immunity and eyesight. It also has calcium which helps in bone growth and development.
Chef's TipFry the mixture in a pan over medium to high heat. This allows the batter to set and at the same time brown. A pan that is too hot will burn the batter.
You also might be interested in
Creamy Chicken Recipe
Keep it saucy with the delicious combination of tomato sauce and cream.
Daing na Bangus Recipe
Did you know this breakfast staple is so easy to prepare?
Pulled Pork Tacos with Fruit Slaw Recipe
Tacos made more special with this sweet & fruity recipe.