Sweet And Sour Tofu Fish Recipe
Sweet and Sour Fish is made extra-special with this recipe.
Categories Main Dish, Seafood
Preparation Time10 min.
Cooking Time25 mins.
Number of Servings 6
- 500 g dalagang bukid, filleted and cut into chunks
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup oil, for frying
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 pc tokwa, fried and each cut into 6
- 1 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 Tbsp green onions, sliced 1-inch long
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp sugar, white
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 1/3 cup cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup bell pepper, red, cut into strips
- 1 can DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks (227g)
- 1/4 cup DEL MONTE Original Blend Ketchup (320g)
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon
- Sauce Pan
Cooking Skills Needed
1. Season fish with salt. Fry until golden brown. Set aside.
2. Using a new pan, sauté garlic, ginger, and leeks or green onions. Add water, salt, white sugar, pepper, and the rest of the ingredients except fish. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add fish. Allow to simmer.
Lusog NotesThis recipe is rich in protein which is essential for the maintenance and repair of body tissues. Protein also acts as an antibody, where it attaches itself to viruses or bacteria to help protect the body.
Chef's TipMake sure the oil is hot by placing the handle of a wooden spoon into the oil. Small bubbles should form at the surface of the handle.
You also might be interested in
Breaded Chili Wings Recipe
Fry up a delicious batch of these chili wings and before long, the whole family will be clamoring for more.
BBQ Java Rice Recipe
Here’s a great rice bowl to share with family and friends!