Rice Cooker Upside Down Cake Recipe
You don't need an oven when you can use a rice cooker!
- 1/2 cup sugar, white
- 1 can DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail (432g), drained
- 400 g pancake mix
- 1 cup water
- 4 pc egg
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
Cooking Tools Needed
- Rice Cooker
Cooking Skills Needed
1. Melt sugar in a pot, then cook until caramel colored.
2. Pour caramel in a pan. Add DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail.
3. In a bowl, combine all the pancake mix with the water, egg and melted butter. Mix well.
4. Pour batter over DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail. Place on top of the steamer basket of the rice cooker. Steam for 45 minutes.
Lusog NotesThis dessert is a source of calcium and iron. Calcium is needed for bone health while iron is essential for normal metabolism.
Chef's TipTo unmold, run a small knife along the side of the pan. Invert over the plate while hot. The caramel at the bottom will harden as it cools and will be difficult to unmold later.
Del Monte Fiesta Fruit Cocktail 432g