Fruity Glaze Recipe
Your cakes and ice cream will taste tops with this fruity topping!
- 1 pc apple, red, pared, cored and cut into chunks
- 1 can DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail (836g)
- 1/4 cup sugar, white
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup peanut brittle, crushed
Cooking Tools Needed
1. Combine apple with DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail with syrup, sugar, and cinnamon. Simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and mash coarsely. Should be a bit chunky. Cool slightly.
2. Serve as topping or sauce to cakes, ice cream, sorbet, and other frozen desserts. Sprinkle with peanut brittle.
Lusog NotesThis Fruity Glaze dish is high in vitamin C that helps fight common infections and aids in wound healing. Vitamin C also plays a vital role in enhancing the absorption of iron in the body.
Chef's TipKeep the apples from discoloring by immediately placing them in the fruit cocktail syrup after slicing.
Del Monte Fiesta Fruit Cocktail 836g