Pinasingawan na Halaan Recipe
This hearty soup is ready in just 15 minutes!
Categories Main Dish, Seafood, Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time15 min.
Cooking Time15 mins.
Number of Servings 6
- 1 kg clams (halaan), soak in cold water for 20 minutes to remove dirt, then drain
- 1/4 cup onion, red, sliced
- 1 Tbsp ginger, sliced
- 1 Tbsp garlic, sliced
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce (90g)
- 2 stalk tanglad, pounded and tied
- 1 cup water
Cooking Tools Needed
1. Put halaan in a pot. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
Lusog NotesThis Pinasingawan na Halaan dish is high in iron which is necessary in making red blood cells, which transport oxygen around the body. It is also needed for normal metabolism.
Chef's TipRemove shells that remain closed after cooking. These are the clams that have gone bad and may cause foodborne illness.
You also might be interested in
Tofu Chili Recipe
Try this healthier version of a Mexican classic.