Pasta Chowder Recipe
Get some comfort with this hearty and filling chowder.
- 1 kg clams (halaan), soaked in cold water for at least 20 minutes to remove sand
- 4 cup water
- 3 Tbsp margarine
- 2 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup onion, sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper, black
- 150 g DEL MONTE Elbow Macaroni (200g)
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (250g)
- 1 1/2 cup milk, evaporated
- 1/2 cup cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
Cooking Skills Needed
1. Boil the clams in water. Cover the pot and cook until all the shells have opened. Remove the clams from their shells then reserve the clam stock.
2. Sauté garlic and onion in margarine. Add clam stock, salt, and pepper. Allow to boil then add DEL MONTE Elbow Macaroni. Cook for 8 minutes.
3. Add DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce and halaan. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes. Add milk and cheese. Cook for 2 minutes. Top with parsley, if desired.