Orange Chicken Recipe
This sweet and tangy oriental dish is surprisingly easy to create!
Categories Main Dish, Chicken, Del Monte Quick 'n Easy
Preparation Time7 min.
Cooking Time30 mins.
Number of Servings 5
- 400 g chicken, thigh fillet, cut into strips
- - salt, to taste
- - pepper, to taste
- 1 pack DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Breading Mix (75g)
- - oil
- 2 packs DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Sweet and Sour Mix (57g)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, green, cut into 1-inch squares
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon
Cooking Skills Needed
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Coat with DEL MONTE Quick n Easy Breading Mix.
2. Fry the chicken strips.
3. Dissolve the DEL MONTE Quick n Easy Sweet & Sour Mix in water.
4. Cook the mixture in a pan until thick. Add the orange marmalade.
5. Mix in the fried chicken strips and the bell peppers.
Lusog NotesThis tangy dish is high in vitamin C that helps fight common infections. It also has vitamin A needed for healthy skin and normal vision.
Chef's TipOvercooked chicken becomes dry. Chicken thigh contains enough fat to keep it moist during frying.
You also might be interested in
Tuyo A La Puttanesca Recipe
Anchovies can be expensive and hard to find. Try this Pinoy twist to an Italian classic.
One Pot Spicy Bacon Pasta Recipe
Bacon makes everything better especially this amazing pasta dish.