Lechon Manok Ilonggo Recipe
This popular Ilonggo dish is loved all over the nation. Try it at home.
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp liquid seasoning
- 1 cup clear soda
- 1 Tbsp calamansi juice
- 1/2 tsp pepper, black
- reserved pineapple syrup
- 1 kg chicken, whole, stuffed and marinated
- 1 tsp ginger, sliced
- 2 stalk tanglad, lightly pounded
- 1 pc bay leaf/laurel leaf
- 1 can DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks (227g), drained, reserve syrup
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp atsuete seeds
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch, dissolved in 1 Tbsp water
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Wooden Spatula
Cooking Skills Needed
1. In a bowl, mix the soy sauce, liquid seasoning, soda, calamansi juice, pepper, and reserved pineapple syrup.
2. Marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes.
3Stuff the chicken with ginger, tanglad, bayleaf, and DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks. Set aside.
4. Heat butter and atsuete for 1 minute or until color is extracted. Drain and discard seeds. Brush chicken with atsuete-butter mixture. Broil in turbo broiler or oven at 375F for 1 hour, turning and basting every 15 minutes. Reserve drippings collected from turbo pot.
5. Combine drippings with reserved marinade. Simmer for 2 minutes. Add cornstarch. Simmer until thick. Serve as gravy for chicken.
Lusog NotesThis recipe is a souce of vitamin A that helps maintain healthy vision and skin and niacin which helps keep the digestive and nervous systems healthy.
Chef's TipLechon Manok is traditionally cooked over charcoal which gives an added smoky aroma to the dish. For a more convenient way to make Lechon manok or Ilongo inasal, use the same recipe and cook it using a turbo broiler or oven. The lemongrass or tanglad gives the aroma of Ilongo style Lechon manok.
Del Monte Pineapple Chunks 200g
You also might be interested in
Tanigue Steak with Pineapple Sauce and Tropical Salsa Recipe
A tropical take on your favorite tanigue steak.
Frozen Pineapple Pie Recipe
Pineapples give a refreshing twist to this no-bake pie.
Pineapple Potato Salad Recipe
Add this delicious salad to your meals!