Layered Fruit Crepe Recipe
One bite of this yummy treat brings a burst of fruity goodness!
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/3 cup milk, evaporated
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 pc egg yolk
- 1/2 Tbsp sugar, white
- - oil, for greasing
- 1 can DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail (432g), drained, reserve 2 Tbsp syrup
- 1 Tbsp sugar, white
- 1/2 cup all-purpose cream, chilled
- 1/4 cup sugar, white
- 1 pc egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon, ground
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Wooden Spatula
- Measuring Spoon
Cooking Skills Needed
1. CREPE: Mix all ingredients only until the flour has absorbed the liquid. Do not over mix. Brush a non stick 8-inch pan with oil, pour a thin layer (1/4 cup at a time) of batter in pan then tilt to cover bottom. Cook each side for 1 minute. Do the same with the remaining batter. Set aside.
2. FILLING: Combine DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail with sugar. Set aside.
3. SAUCE: Whip cream for 2 minutes. Add half of sugar and fruit cocktail syrup. Cook over low heat, stirring continuously for 3 minutes or until just thicken. Cool. Fold in cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Set aside.
4. Layer baking pan (size of pan depends on the oven toaster) with half of crepes. Pour half of fruit mixture then spread with part of sauce. Cover with remaining crepes, sauce, and fruits. Bake in oven toaster for 4 - 5 minutes or until brown on top.
Lusog NotesThis dish contains vitamin A that helps maintain healthy vision and skin and vitamin C that helps strengthen the immune system.
Chef's TipEggs help thicken sauces and custards but need extra care while cooking. Cook the sauce over low heat to avoid curdling and turning it into scrambled eggs.
Del Monte Fiesta Fruit Cocktail 432g