Christmas Ham Recipe
Now you can make your own best-tasting Christmas Ham!
Categories Main Dish, Pork, Del Monte Pineapple
Preparation Time30 min.
Cooking Time1 hr. and 38 mins.
Number of Servings 30
- 2 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup salt
- 1 1/4 cup sugar, white
- 1 tsp prague powder/pink salt
- 4 1/2 kg pork, pigue (whole), with fat, skin removed
- 1 3/4 cup DEL MONTE 100% Pineapple Juice with Vitamins A, C & E (240ml)
- 1 can DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits (822g)
- 1 1/4 cup beer
- 15 pcs cloves
- 3 1/4 cup sugar, brown
- 1 1/4 tsp peppercorn, black
- 7 1/2 pcs bay leaf/laurel leaf
- 1 cup mustard
- 1/2 cup sugar, brown
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch, dissolved in 2 Tbsp stock
- 1 can DEL MONTE Sliced Pineapple (822g)
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon
Cooking Skills Needed
Procedure1. For Curing: Boil water. Add salt, sugar, and prague powder/pink salt then mix until dissolved. Cool. Strain. Place pork in a bowl. Inject mixture into the meat then massage. Place in a covered plastic container including excess curing mixture. Refrigerate for 4 days, making sure to turn the ham at least 2 times a day.
2. Drain meat. Discard curing mixture. Inject meat with DEL MONTE Pineapple Juice.
3. Place pork in a pan together with all the ingredients for cooking. Bring to a boil and simmer over low heat for 40 minutes, turning once.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F. Drain meat, reserve stock. Coat meat with mustard, pat with brown sugar. Transfer to a roasting pan. Bake for 40 minutes.
5. Bring the stock to a boil. Add dissolved cornstarch and simmer until thick. Serve with ham.
6. To serve, top the ham with pineapple slices. Drizzle sauce on top to make it glossy.
Lusog NotesThis festive dish is high in protein which is neccesary for growth, development and repair of body tissues. It is also high in calcium that is needed for strong bones and teeth.
Chef's TipUse non-iodized salt in the curing solution. Iodized salt, when used for curing, will leave a metallic after taste to the ham.
Del Monte Pineapple Slices 227g