Honey Garlic Pork Recipe
The balance of sweet and garlicky flavors make this oriental pork recipe a winner. Try it now!
- 500 g pork, kasim, skin removed, tocino cut
- 1 cup cornstarch, for dredging
- 2 cups oil, for deep-frying
- 1/2 Tbsp garlic, chopped
- 1 pack DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Sweet and Sour Mix (57g)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 Tbsp leeks, sliced diagonally
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon
Cooking Skills Needed
- Deep Frying
1. Pound the meat lightly to thin it out.
2. Dredge pork pieces in cornstarch. Deep fry until golden brown.
3. In a small pot, sauté garlic until golden brown. Set aside and remove oil.
4. In the same pot, heat the DEL MONTE Quick n Easy Sweet & Sour Mix dissolved in water. Simmer until thick then add honey.
5. Toss the pork, sauce, and half of the garlic. Transfer to a plate then top with remaining garlic bits and leeks.
Lusog NotesThis dish gives you protein that is needed for growth and development and iron for making red blood cells that carry oxygen around the body.
Chef's TipWhen pounding meat to thin it out, place the meat in between 2 plastic sheets then pound from the center going out to make sure you have even thickness all over.
You also might be interested in
Vietnamese Spring Rolls Recipe
Light but flavorful, it's the perfect snack or side!
Fruit Cocktail Brownies Recipe
A fruity treat in your favorite chocolate brownies!
This classic Pinoy favorite is made more sauce-sarap!