Grilled Pineapple Sundae Recipe
A satisfying dessert to cap off any salu-salo.
- 1/4 cup sugar, granulated
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp whipping cream
- 1 can DEL MONTE Sliced Pineapple (227g), drained
- 250 ml ice cream, vanilla
- 2 Tbsp peanuts, roasted
Cooking Tools Needed
- Grill Pan
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon
Cooking Skills Needed
1. To make a caramel sauce, melt the sugar in a pan. When the caramel turns into an amber color, turn off the heat then add the butter and whipping cream.
2. In a pan-grill, grill the DEL MONTE Sliced Pineapple quickly to add smoky flavor.
3. To assemble, scoop the ice cream, top with grilled pineapples. Drizzle with caramel sauce and top with roasted peanuts.
Lusog NotesThis dish gives you a source of vitamin A and calcium. Vitamin A promotes eye health and is needed for night vision while calcium is important for bone health and helps in blood clotting.
Chef's TipGrill the pineapples over a very hot grill pan to immediately sear the pineapples and give it a smoky aroma.
Del Monte Pineapple Slices 227g
You also might be interested in
Raisin-Tomato Cupcake Recipe
Did you know that adding tomato sauce makes cupcakes more moist? This recipe is a must-try!