Gabi Meatballs Recipe
A healthy alternative to meatballs that kids can enjoy.
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup onion, red, chopped
- 100 g pork, ground
- 1 pc tokwa, chopped
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (115g)
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp pepper, black
- 1 kg gabi, boiled and mashed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper, black
- 1 cup oil
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon
Cooking Skills Needed
1. Sauté garlic, onion, ground pork, and tokwa. Add DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce and green onions. Season with soy sauce and pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes or until slightly dry. Set aside.
2. Season gabi with salt and pepper. Mash until fine and sticky. Form every 2 tablespoon of the mashed gabi into balls, then flatten.
3. Fill each piece with 2 teaspoon of the filling and form into balls. Fry in hot oil until golden brown. Serve with DEL MONTE Original Blend Ketchup.
Lusog NotesTwo servings of this dish gives you calcium for strong bones and teeth and iron which is essential for normal metabolism.
Chef's TipCook the gabi until tender then drain well. Undercooked gabi will be gritty.
You also might be interested in
Egg Sarciado Recipe
Kids will enjoy this egg-citing dish.