Fruity Monggo Buchi Recipe
A burst of fruity flavor in your classic buchi.
Categories Dessert, Fruit, Del Monte Fruit Cocktail
Preparation Time10 min.
Cooking Time40 mins.
Number of Servings 7
- 1 can DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail (432g), drained, coarsely chopped, and reserve syrup
- 2 Tbsp sugar, white
- 1/4 cup monggo, red, cooked and mashed
- 1/2 kg galapong
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
Cooking Tools Needed
Cooking Skills Needed
- Deep Frying
- Simmer drained DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail and sugar for 15 minutes or until almost dry. Add monggo. Set aside.
- Flatten each tablespoon of galapong and place 1/2 tablespoon of filling at the center. Gather edges of galapong and seal. Form into balls.
- Moisten each ball with reserved fiesta fruit cocktail syrup and roll in sesame seeds.
- Deep-fry in medium heat until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
Lusog NotesThis dish is a good source of iron and vitamin C. Iron is needed for normal metabolism while vitamin C helps fight common infections and enhances absorption of iron in the body.
Chef's TipThe galapong dries up easily when exposed to air so keep a moist towel to cover it during preparation.
Del Monte Fiesta Fruit Cocktail 432g
You also might be interested in
Turon Espesyal Recipe
Trust us, guests won't be able to stop snacking on this decadent Pinoy treat!
Mango Glazed Wings Recipe
Give your favorite chicken wings a sweet, tropical twist!
Pulled Pork Tacos with Fruit Slaw Recipe
Tacos made more special with this sweet & fruity recipe.