Mango Glazed Wings Recipe
Give your favorite chicken wings a sweet, tropical twist!
- 2 pack DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Sweet and Sour Mix (57g)
- 1 cup DEL MONTE Sweetened Mango Juice Drink (240ml)
- 1 tsp siling labuyo, chopped
- 1/4 cup mango jam
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 500 g chicken, wings, fried
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper, black
- 1/4 cup cornstarch, for dredging
- 1 1/2 cup cornstarch, dissolved in 1 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 cup oil, for deep-frying
Cooking Tools Needed
- Wire Whisk
Cooking Skills Needed
1. In a pot, dissolve DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Sweet & Sour Mix in DEL MONTE Sweetened Mango Juice Drink.
2. Simmer over low heat while constantly stirring, then add the siling labuyo and mango jam.
3. Add the dissolved cornstarch. Cook until thick.
4. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge in cornstarch then dip in cornstarch batter. Deep fry in hot oil for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
5. Toss in cooked chicken wings in sauce. Serve.
Lusog NotesThis Mango Glazed Wings dish is a source of iron and vitamin C. Iron is needed for normal metabolism while vitamin C plays a role in enhancing the absorption of iron in the body.
Chef's TipTo lessen the heat of the siling labuyo, remove the veins and the seeds before chopping.
Del Monte Mango Juice Drink 1L Tetra