Fruity Caramel Pie Recipe
Amaze your friends and family with this sophisticated yet easy-to-make dessert!
- 2 3/4 cups graham crackers, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 cup sugar, white
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose cream
- - pinch of salt
- 1 can DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail (432g), drained, reserve 1/2 cup for topping
- 2 Tbsp cashew nuts or walnuts, roasted then coarsely chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose cream, chilled, whipped
- - chocolate shavings (optional), for garnish
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon
Cooking Skills Needed
1. Combine ingredients for crust and press into an 8-inch loose bottom pie pan. Chill for 1 hour in refrigerator.
2. Caramel Sauce: Heat and melt sugar in a pan without stirring until caramelized (light brown). Add butter, stir to melt. Remove from flame, and then add cream and salt. Stir and allow to cool slightly. Set aside.
3. Arrange DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail and nuts over prepared crust. Drizzle with caramel sauce. Chill for another 15 minutes. Spoon cream over pie to cover fruits. Chill until ready to serve. Top with reserved fruit cocktail and add chocolate shavings if desired. Chill before serving.
Lusog NotesThis yummy dessert is a source of vitamin A that helps maintain healthy skin and keeps immune system healthy.
Chef's TipWhen making the caramel sauce, turn off the heat when the sugar turns golden. The heat of the caramel will continuously cook it. Carefully add the butter and cream or the very hot caramel may cause the butter and cream to boil very rapidly.
Del Monte Fiesta Fruit Cocktail 432g
You also might be interested in
Tanigue Steak with Pineapple Sauce and Tropical Salsa Recipe
A tropical take on your favorite tanigue steak.
Pine Hot Pasta Salad Recipe
An sweet and tangy Asian salad perfect for sharing.