Everyday Afritada Recipe
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp onion, red, chopped
- 500g chicken, parts, chopped into serving pieces
- 2 Tbsp patis
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce (250g)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper, black
- 1/2 cup potato, sliced into chunks
- 1/2 cup carrot, sliced into chunks
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon
- Measuring Cups
Cooking Skills Needed
1. Heat oil in a pot then sauté garlic and onion until translucent and aromatic.
2. Add the chicken and sauté for 1 minute. Add the patis and cook until the chicken is almost dry.
3. Add DEL MONTE Filipino Style Tomato Sauce, water, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil then turn down to simmer for 15 minutes in a covered pot.
4. Add the potatoes and carrots then simmer for another 5 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked.