DEL MONTE Red Sinampalukang Manok Recipe
Our hearty version of this dish is perfect for the family.
Categories Main Dish, Chicken, Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time10 min.
Cooking Time35 mins.
Number of Servings 5
- 2 Tbsp oil, for sautéing
- 1/4 cup onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp ginger, cut into strips
- 500 g chicken, thigh and leg, cut into serving portions
- 1 1/2 Tbsp patis
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sitaw, sliced
- 1 pc siling haba
- 2 cup puso ng saging/banana heart, trimmed and sliced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sinigang mix
- 2 1/4 cup cabbage, sliced
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
Cooking Skills Needed
1. Sauté onion, ginger, and chicken in oil for 5 minutes. Add patis, DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce and water. Boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Add sitaw, sili and banana heart. Simmer for another 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
3. Stir in sinigang mix then add the cabbage. Allow to simmer.
Lusog NotesThis Del Monte Red Sinampalukang Manok dish gives you a source of iron which is important in making red blood cells that carry oxygen around the body.
Chef's TipAfter slicing the banana heart, soak in water with a bit of calamansi to keep it from browning.
You also might be interested in
Tuna Paksiw Recipe
Add a pineapple twist to this meaty favorite.
Fiesta Fried Rice Recipe
Fried Rice with a twist! Your family will surely love this.