Chicken Sisig Recipe
Try this easy and healthy version of the famous sisig!
- 400 g chicken, thigh fillet, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 150 g chicken liver, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- Reserved pineapple syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, red, chopped
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, green, chopped
- 1 pc siling haba, chopped
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits (200g), drained, reserve syrup
- 8 tsp liquid seasoning
- 2 1/2 tsp sinigang mix
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup onion, red, chopped
- 1 pc egg
- 2 Tbsp margarine
Cooking Tools Needed
- Wooden Spatula
Cooking Skills Needed
1. Marinate chicken thigh and liver in reserved pineapple syrup and salt for 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Drain and sauté over high heat for 8 minutes or until dry .
2. Add in garlic, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, and siling haba. Sauté for 1 minute.
3. Add DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits, liquid seasoning, sinigang mix and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook over high heat while continuously stirring until almost dry.
4. Add red onion and mix. Make a well in the center, add egg and wait until it turns opaque. Stir the egg then mix everything together. Add margarine and sauté for 2 minutes. Serve.
Lusog NotesThis local Chicken Sisig dish is high in vitamin A, which helps protect one from infections and promotes normal growth and development.
Chef's TipThe heat of the chili mostly comes from the white center. To lessen the heat of the chili in the dish, scrape the white center from the inside of the chili.
Del Monte Pineapple Tidbits 200g SUP
You also might be interested in
Fruits For the Gods Recipe
The gods will surely love this heavenly treat, filled with yummy tropical fruit bits.
Tanigue Steak with Pineapple Sauce and Tropical Salsa Recipe
A tropical take on your favorite tanigue steak.
Fruity Cookie Sandwich Recipe
Children will love this fun dessert with the goodness of fruits. They'll be sure to want more.