Chicken Satay Recipe
Recreate the distinct flavors of this Asian favorite.
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 Tbsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 Tbsp garlic,minced
- Reserved Kare-Kare Mix
- 1 Tbsp sugar, white
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper, black
- 1/2 Tbsp DEL MONTE Quick n Easy Curry Mix (40g)
- 500g chicken, breast fillet,sliced into small pieces
- 10 pc barbecue stick
- 1 cup water
- 1 pack DEL MONTE Quick n Easy Kare-Kare Mix (50g), reserve 2 tablespoons for the marinade
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp sugar, white
- 3/4 cup cucumber, cut into cubes
- 2 Tbsp sibuyas Tagalog/shallots,sliced
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Grill Pan
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon
Cooking Skills Needed
1. In a bowl, mix all ingredients for the marinade. Marinate chicken at least 1 1/2 hours in the refrigerator.
2. Thread chicken into skewers. Set aside marinade. Charcoal-grill or pan-grill until cooked on both sides.
3. Mix all ingredients for the sauce. Add the reserved marinade. Simmer until thick.
4. In a bowl, toss cucumbers and shallots together. Set aside.
5. Serve the chicken satay with sauce and cucumber-onion mixture.