Chicken Hamonado Recipe
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar, white
- 1 Kg chicken, whole
- 1 tsp prague powder/pink salt
- 2 can DEL MONTE 100% Pineapple Juice with ACE (240ml)
- 1 can DEL MONTE Sliced Pineapple (227g) drained, reserve syrup then sliced into half
- 2 cup water
- 2 pc star anise
Cooking Tools Needed
- Can Opener
- Measuring Cups
- Rubber Spatula
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoons
Cooking Skills Needed
1. Mix salt, sugar, and pink salt. Apply mixture inside and outside of chicken. Store in the chiller for 2-3 days. After 2-3 days, wash the chicken and pat dry.
2. In a pan, sear the chicken. When browned on all sides, add DEL MONTE 100% Pineapple Juice with ACE, water, reserved syrup, and star anise. Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked. Remove the chicken and set aside.
3. Continue simmering the sauce until thick.
4. Arrange the chicken in a platter, pour the sauce over the chicken and garnish with the DEL MONTE Sliced Pineapple.