Pork Piña Hamonado Recipe
A delicious dish that's perfect for any celebration.
- 1/2 cup sugar, white
- 2/3 tsp salt
- 500 g pork pigue, sliced thinly (tapa style) into 1 piece
- 50 g bacon, sliced into 4 strips
- 1 pc carrot, sliced into 6 strips
- 1 pc whole pickle, cut into 6 strips
- 1 can DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks (227g), drained, reserve syrup
- 1 can DEL MONTE 100% Pineapple Juice with Vitamins A, C & E (240ml)
- 1/2 cup oil, for frying
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch, dissolved in 1 Tbsp water
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Crocheting Thread
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon
Cooking Skills Needed
1. Combine sugar and salt. Rub mixture into pork. Spread pork and alternately arrange slices of bacon, carrot, pickles, and DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks. Roll and tie firmly with butcher's twine or crocheting thread.
2. Marinate pork in DEL MONTE 100% Pineapple Juice with ACE and reserved pineapple syrup overnight in the refrigerator. Drain and reserve marinade.
3. Heat oil. Fry the pork rolls and brown all sides.
4. Combine meat with marinade in pan. Cover and simmer meat for 30 minutes or until meat is tender. Turn meat occasionally. Remove rolls. For sauce, add cornstarch and simmer broth with continuous stirring until desired thickness.
5. Remove thread from meat then slice. Set aside. Pour sauce over meat.