Cheesy Eggplant Layers Recipe
This veggie dish is easy to do yet doesn't scrimp on the flavor!
- 4 pc eggplant, slice each into 4 (lengthwise)
- 1 pc egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup oil, for frying
- 1/8 tsp pepper, black
- 2/3 tsp salt
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Sweet Style Spaghetti Sauce (250g)
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup bell pepper, green, diced
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon
- 8 x 8-inch Baking Dish
Cooking Skills Needed
1. Dip eggplant in egg, then coat with bread crumbs. Fry until golden brown. Set aside.
2. Add pepper and salt to DEL MONTE Sweet Style Spaghetti Sauce. Arrange 8 slices of eggplant in an 8 x 8-inch baking dish. Pour sauce over eggplants and top with half of cheese and bell peppers.
3. Repeat the layering with the remaining ingredients. Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 25 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Lusog NotesThis Cheesy Eggplant Layers recipe contains calcium that not only helps in bone development but also in blood clotting and muscle contraction.
Chef's TipEggplants are like sponges and will soak a lot of oil when fried. To avoid soaking a lot of oil, make sure the oil is hot so that the crust forms immediately and browns. Also, make sure to avoid overcrowding the pan which will cool down the oil, causing the eggplant to soak more oil.
You also might be interested in
Serve these rolls as an afternoon snack for your kids or finger food for your next party.
Chinese Style Tokwa't Baboy Recipe
Try tokwa't baboy with a saucy, Asian flair.