Cheesy Eggplant Layers Recipe
This veggie dish is easy to do yet doesn't scrimp on the flavor!
- 4 pc eggplant, slice each into 4 (lengthwise)
- 1 pc egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup oil, for frying
- 1/8 tsp pepper, black
- 2/3 tsp salt
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Sweet Style Spaghetti Sauce (250g)
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup bell pepper, green, diced
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon
- 8 x 8-inch Baking Dish
Cooking Skills Needed
1. Dip eggplant in egg, then coat with bread crumbs. Fry until golden brown. Set aside.
2. Add pepper and salt to DEL MONTE Sweet Style Spaghetti Sauce. Arrange 8 slices of eggplant in an 8 x 8-inch baking dish. Pour sauce over eggplants and top with half of cheese and bell peppers.
3. Repeat the layering with the remaining ingredients. Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 25 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.