Beef Caldereta Recipe
A Pinoy favorite done the sauce-sarap way.
Categories Main Dish, Beef, Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time10 min.
Cooking Time3 hrs. and 30 mins.
Number of Servings 5
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 1/2 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup onion, red, sliced
- 650 g beef, shortribs, cut up
- 1/3 cup liver spread
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (250g)
- 1 cup potato, cut into chunks
- 1 1/4 pcs bay leaf/laurel leaf
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper, black
- 1/2 Tbsp siling labuyo, sliced
- 2/3 cup green peas, cooked or frozen
- 1/3 cup bell pepper, red, cut into strips
- 1/3 cup bell pepper, green, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup cheese, grated
Cooking Tools Needed
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon
Cooking Skills Needed
- Sauté garlic, onion, and beef until beef turns light brown. Add liver spread and water. Bring to a boil then simmer for 2-3 hours or until beef is tender.
- Add DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce, potato, laurel leaf, salt, pepper, and siling labuyo. Bring to a boil and turn down heat to simmer. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add green peas, bell peppers, and cheese. Bring to a boil then simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.