Batchoy Special Recipe
Iloilo's signature dish done the Del Monte way.
Categories Soup, Pork, Del Monte Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time10 min.
Cooking Time15 mins.
Number of Servings 8
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp ginger, cut into strips
- 250 g pork, pigue, cut into strips
- 200 g pork liver, cut into strips
- 3 cup water
- 2 cup papaya, green, cut into strips
- 1 pc siling haba
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (115g)
- - pepper, to taste
- - patis, to taste
- 50 g misua
Cooking Tools Needed
1. Sauté garlic, onion, ginger, pork, and liver for 5 minutes. Add water, papaya, siling haba and DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce. Season with pepper and patis to taste. Bring to a boil then simmer until papaya is cooked.
2. Add misua. Simmer for 3 minutes or until cooked.
Lusog NotesThis Batchoy Special dish is high in vitamin A that helps maintain normal vision and healthy skin. It is also high in iron which is important in making red blood cells that carry oxygen around the body.
Chef's TipMisua will soak liquid as it sits. Best to serve the dish as soon as it is cooked.
You also might be interested in
Ham and Mushroom Pasta Recipe
The kids will surely love the classic flavor of this pasta dish!
Taco Corn Salad Recipe
A delicious appetizer that's sure to be a hit with your guests.
Fruity Glaze Recipe
Your cakes and ice cream will taste tops with this fruity topping!