Arroz Caldo A La Del Monte Recipe
A seafood twist to a classic Pinoy comfort food.
- 500 g clams (halaan)
- 5 cups water
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp ginger, cut into strips
- - patis, to taste
- 1/2 cup rice, malagkit, washed once
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (200g)
- - pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup onion, green, chopped
Cooking Tools Needed
- Measuring Cups
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Spoon
Cooking Skills Needed
1. Boil clams in water until shells are open. Remove meat from shells and set aside. Reserve 5 cups broth.
2. Sauté garlic in oil until brown. Set aside half for topping.
3. In the remaining half, add onion, ginger, clam meat, patis to taste, and malagkit rice. Sauté for 5 minutes.
4. Add DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce, reserved clam broth, and pepper to taste. Simmer, stirring occasionally until rice is cooked.
5. Top with green onions and reserved half of garlic just before serving.
Lusog NotesThis recipe gives you a source of protein and calcium. Protein is needed for growth, development and repair of body tissues, while calcium is important for bone health.
Chef's TipOccasionally scrape the bottom and sides of the pot to make sure that the rice does not scorch the bottom.
You also might be interested in
Tuna Piña Ala Pobre Recipe
Light on the tummy but not on taste. Try this for your next weekend lunch or dinner!
Choco Cheese Bites Recipe
Your kids will love this fun dessert that's made healthier with the fruity goodness of Del Monte Fruit Cocktail.
Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf Recipe
An easy, meaty recipe you can prepare for lunch or dinner!