Vietnamese Grilled Chicken Spring Rolls Recipe
Enjoy the light and refreshing flavors of these rolls.
- 500 g chicken, thigh fillet
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 7 pc rice paper
- 1/4 cup water, enough to damp each piece of rice paper
- 1100 g lettuce, trimmed
- 1 cup carrot, sliced into thin strips
- 1/4 cup basil, fresh
- 1/4 cup cilantro, trimmed
- 1 1/2 cup sotanghon, cooked
- 2 Tbsp patis
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tsp siling labuyo, chopped
- 1/4 cup DEL MONTE Crushed Pineapple (227g), drained, reserve 1/4 cup syrup
- 2 Tbsp calamansi juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup water
FOR THE NAM PRIK SAUCE
Cooking Tools Needed
- Grill Pan
- Chopping Board
Cooking Skills Needed
1. In a bowl, combine chicken thigh fillet, salt, pepper, and lime juice. Marinate For 30 minutes.
2. Grill chicken until well done, turning occasionally. Let stand for 5 minutes then slice into strips.
3. To assemble the spring rolls: Sprinkle or brush water over the rice paper to moisten so that it will be pliable. Layer with lettuce, sliced chicken, carrot, basil, cilantro, and sotanghon. Roll tightly as possible. Slice the roll into 4. Repeat until you finish all the ingredients.
4. Mix all the ingredients for the sauce, along with the reserved pineapple syrup.
Lusog NotesThis dish is high in vitamin A which helps one resist infections and maintains healthy skin. It is also a source of iron needed for making red blood cells that carry oxygen around the body.
Chef's TipUse a pastry brush or spray bottle to easily wet the rice papers. These add just enough moisture to the rice paper. Too much water will cause the rice paper to break.
Del Monte Pineapple Crushed 227g
You also might be interested in
Pinasingawan na Halaan Recipe
This hearty soup is ready in just 15 minutes!